Idemitsu Petroleum Norge AS, a company organised and incorporated under the laws of Norway, with organisation number 953 133 210, having its registered office at Lysaker torg 25, 1366 Lysaker, Norway (“IPN”) is a privately-owned company, and does not typically engage in business that requires the collection and storage of personal information.
In the limited circumstances explained below where personal data is collected, IPN will be the data controller and undertakes to process such personal information in accordance with applicable policies and laws, including Personopplysningsloven (Norwegian Personal Data Act).
Information Collection and Use
When you visit our website, we may collect the following types of information:
- Personal data (or personal information) which means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. This includes name, address, contact details and other information you provide to us. This also includes usage data, cookies and technical data.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
Such data may be collected through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us personal information by filling in one of our online forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise.
*Technical Data may be obtained from Google Analytics (based outside Norway). Google Analytics tracks and reports website traffic, including IPN’s website traffic. The data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of making your activity available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. Please refer to the Google Privacy and Terms web page:
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to or where we have obtained your consent. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. This may be, for example, where you provide personal information to us for a job application and we evaluate that information in order to consider the application.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason, for example, where this is required by law. We will never share, trade or sell you information to a third party for marketing purposes.
Idemitsu group companies follow the same rules when involved in processing your personal data. These rules are called “binding corporate rules” and apply if your personal data is transferred to any group company.
Additionally, some processing of your personal data may involve services outside of Norway. In this case, your personal data will be protected by appropriate transfer safeguards which guarantee an adequate level of data protection wherever your data is physically sent.
We have put in place appropriate controls to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those within IPN who have a business need to know. Occasionally, we may be required to share information with a competent public authority to comply with a legal obligation, in which case it will be disclosed subject to appropriate confidentiality arrangements.
We will only store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and will then be erased.
You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to personal data we hold about you, to:
- access and receive a copy of your data on request
- change incorrect or incomplete data
- delete or stop processing your data (eg where the purpose for processing has ceased)
- object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- suspend processing your personal data in certain circumstances
- withdraw consent where the basis of processing was consent
Please see below for contact details for exercising these rights.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy policies.
Privacy of Children
This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect personal data relating to children.